Friday, January 28, 2011

A Life Full of Important Fun

My previous post reminded me of the following two videos which continue the idea that, really, we need to have some fun. I credit my younger sister for their discovery.

1) I've got to agree with this guy. A life full of important fun? Exactly how I am aiming to describe mine (and, thankfully, could so far).

2) Aside from the obvious comment on the ridiculousness of some of our government's actions (and I know you're all agreeing because really, what was that!?), this SNL digital short has some meat to it. I would LOVE to see a band like Arcade Fire play a rockin' concert at a UN meeting. Those uptight, "professional" folk need to have a dance party. Why is this such a "silly" proposition? What would happen? I'd argue that a slew of creative solutions to the problems our world is facing right now would be generated...

3 comments:

  1. I agree 100%! We do need more fun! I think that a lot of people believe that if they don't take serious stuff seriously, it might lose its meaning. I think that if people brought a little humor into a stressful situations, they might be able to see things in a different light.
    Great posts! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love John and Hank Green! Have you read John's books? They're some of my favourites!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah no I have not read his books! I will have to look into them.

    I have been reading "The Geography of Bliss" by Eric Weiner, however. And I agree, Ms. Manteris. Weiner travels the world in search of the happiest places and explores the traits that make them so. In it he speaks specifically of Thailand's ability to brush things off and see the humor in every situation. It seems as though they don't get mad. They smile - A LOT. We've got somethin' to learn from them, for sure.

    ReplyDelete