Sunday, March 13, 2011

Dance Photography

This is what I'd like to do every day, please. Dance, photography, the creative process, etc etc. YUM.

My friend, Chris (check out his stuff - it will always be a source of inspiration for me), is an incredible photographer and dancer with Repertory Dance Theatre in SLC, and he's oh-so-graciously showin' me the ropes of his lighting technique. I've helped out at a few of his shoots and have gotten to take some photos of my own. Here are a few from this weekend. The first dancer is with Ballet West and the second is Seattle-based.






3 comments:

  1. These are beautiful shots! I like the movement of the dancers you've captured. I used to dance from when I was age 3 until around age 11. I never quite had the interest to dance, but now looking back, I kind of wish I stuck with it so I could be as graceful as these dancers. Are you a photography major? I also wish I could spend everyday doing productive, creative activities.

    In reply: what you see on my blog, 'map' is a widget on blogger. You can get this same feature by adding 'labels' to your blog and adding the cloud option.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Let me know if you need further help adding this function on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Lauren! No I'm not a photography major. Just interested in it.
    Right? I, too, wish I could spend all of my time doing productive, creative things. I wish there was a corporate company that gives its employees lots of good benefits and it's called "Productive, Creative Things" or "Productive Creativity" ...something... and you would get paid to produce creative things. For fun. Sigh.

    Also, I can't seem to figure out the widget :/

    ReplyDelete